Sunday, April 3, 2016

Family Trip to Yosemite

"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir 

The mountains are in the top five of my most favorite things, and Yosemite National Park has some of my favorite mountains. This week my family got the opportunity to spend five days camping there, and even though I was nervous to go because snow was in the forecast I am so thankful we went forward with it. It was such a wonderful time to go. There was no one there compared to the summer, and it was wet everywhere. The waterfalls were rushing, the creeks were overflowing, and the streets were flooded with life giving water. And it did snow. We arrived at 10 AM and as we were finishing setting up our camp, it started snowing, and continued to snow for the remainder of the first day. It was absolutely amazing. 

There is nothing like the beauty of Yosemite. It took my breath away every time I turned around. My hiked Vernal, Yosemite Falls, Mirror Lake, the meadows, and more. The boys biked into Curry every night for pizza. We climbed countless giant rocks. We biked everywhere, pulling the boys in a bike trailer. Max and Eli constantly had rocks and sticks in their hands: collecting, battling, admiring. If it weren't for sleeping on the cold hard ground, I wish I could have stayed for a month. 

One of my favorite things was that my phone died an hour after arriving, and there was no way to keep it charged. For five days we had no idea what time it was. We ate, slept, and journeyed when we wanted to and didn't worry about what time it was or what someone had posted on instagram. It made me feel wonderful, and I feel like I have culture shock coming back because I want to be back in that world, where everything is beautiful and still and wet. I was nervous that the boys would be too cold to want to do anything, but I was so proud of them. They loved it! The last evening when we were talking about it, they said, "Every part of the vacation was my favorite except getting dressed in the morning in the cold. The whole vacation was top level. I loved all of it." I have a deep love and appreciation for nature, and I wish that there was more of it here. 

"Thank you, Lord, for your beautiful gifts, for time with family, and a look at one of the most magical places you chose to create."

"The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir 
























































No comments:

Post a Comment